Providing Family PACT Services During COVID-19 Part 1: Clinical Considerations
May 8, 2020
Since March 2020, most providers of family planning services in California have shifted patient care from in-person visits to remote visits. This webinar will be conducted in a “frequently asked questions” format, focusing on the adaptations that clinicians should make in order to successfully provide family planning care remotely during the public health emergency and afterward.
The following topics are covered in detail:
- Subjects will include the role of blood pressure measurement before prescribing combined hormonal contraception
- The use of injectable birth control subcutaneous depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA-SQ)
- Syndromic treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Pregnancy testing without a clinic visit.
- Recently enacted Family PACT and Medi-Cal policies regarding telehealth visits and remote enrollment of clients into the Family PACT program.