S3 E11 See All of Me: Transgender Health and Medical Mistrust
Zami Hyemingway and Dr. Tatyana Moaton sit down with Tammy to discuss their personal and professional experiences with medical care for transgender folks and medical mistreatment. Together, they reflect on the need for medical providers to become responsive to transgender people’s individual needs and advocate for them in a setting that has often been unsafe for them. Transgender folks need medical providers who will take risks and be true allies. Healthcare providers must rethink care amidst a system in which they occupy positions of power.
- Check out videos of the guests and others from the 2022 Medical Mistrust Symposium: “See All of Me: The Intersections of Medical Mis/Distrust and its Impact on Transgender Health, HIV Care and Prevention”
- Zami Hyemingway
- Tatyana Moaton
- CBA Resources
- U.S. Trans Survey: New survey, open to trans people at any stage, launching 10/19/22
- STD Expert Hour: This training focuses on the sexual health needs of transgender and gender non-conforming people.
- Improving Transgender Services for Trans and Gender Diverse People
- Higher Education Scholarship Opportunities for LGBTQ+ students listed at edumed, petersons, gograd
Download the transcript of Zami Hyemingway and Dr. Tatyana Moaton’s episode.