Live In-Person and Online Trainings
View upcoming in-person and live online learning opportunities from our various programs below. Scroll down to view recordings of previous events.
Upcoming Trainings and Events
View the events listed here and click the links to our online learning platforms to view more. Visit Online Learning for self-paced online courses.
Should you need accommodation in order to participate in events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar: Sexual and Reproductive Health Care for People with Disabilities
May 10, 2023 12:00 PM – 1:45 PM
According to the National Survey of Family Growth, approximately 12% of “women of childbearing age” have a disability, and yet our educational and training programs devote little to no time in preparing us to provide accessible, appropriate, quality services to these populations. This webinar will define the population, identify the sexual and reproductive health needs, barriers to health care and health care disparities for people with disabilities, and present best practices.
1. Develop an inclusive definition of the populations that comprise people with disabilities
2. Identify sexual and reproductive health needs, barriers to health care and healthcare disparities for people with disabilities
3. Outline best practices for providing sexual and reproductive health care for people with disabilities
4. Identify concrete actions providers can take to improve access to and quality of sexual and reproductive health care for people with disabilities
5. Become knowledgeable on language, culture, and medical equipment suggestions
Virtual DIS Summit
Save the Date June 5, 7, & 9, 2023
DIS, Cornerstones of Public Health: Then, Now and into the Future
For disease intervention professionals in California.
National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers
National Network of Disease Intervention Training Centers
Past Virtual Events
Learn more about each of our virtual events and view resources and recordings.