S3 Ep2: Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll: Harm Reduction Strategies with Jen Jackson
Jen Jackson, Disease Intervention Specialist and Harm Reductionist, walks us through the history of harm reduction, the principles that guide the movement, and gives us some personal examples of disease intervention and harm reduction values in action. Listen in to learn how theories of harm reduction apply in myriad settings, and how a foundation in these theories is essential to providing effective sexual healthcare.
Resources from Jen Jackson:
- Report on the UN stance on harm reduction
- Drug Policy Alliance
- Harm Reduction International
- National Harm Reduction Coalition
- The National Network of Disease Intervention Training Centers
- Cultural Humility Learning Collaborative
- Article mentioned on HIV, race, sex, and stigma
- The Harm Reduction Journal
Resources From the CAPTC:
- Drugs 101 Training Series from the CAPTC and National Harm Reduction Coalition
- Harm reduction resources from the CAPTC
- Virtual Syringe Services Workshop from the CAPTC
Turn on notifications to never miss an episode of Coming Together for Sexual Health.