We envision an environment where health equity exists for all
Ensure clinicians are well prepared to meet the needs of their clients/patients.
We believe communication and understanding of new information
and data is essential to clinical workforce development.
Consultation & Capacity Building
Enhance the ability of organizations and health
departments to meet the needs of their clients.
We believe that by increasing the skills and capacity of
organizations, they can become more agile, adaptable and equitable.
Social Determinants of Health are the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age. These circumstances are shaped by the distribution of money, power and resources at the global, national and local level. To improve health equity and reduce disparities in health outcomes, organizations need to effectively address Social Determinants in their community.
Free Office of AIDS Webinar
In collaboration with the CA Department of Public Health, Office of AIDS Care Branch
Enhancing STI Screening in HIV Care
with Julie Stoltey, MD, MPH
Dr. Julie Stoltey discusses current best practices for enhancing STD screening in HIV care settings and covers the following learning objectives:
Review epidemiologic trends in STDs among men who have sex with men
Identify methods/best practices for routinely conducting a sexual history
Discuss the importance of screening for rectal and pharyngeal STDs
Our Congenital Syphilis webinar is now archived and available for registration and viewing!
Congenital Syphilis and Syphilis during Pregnancy
with Pablo Sanchez, MD, and Jeanne Sheffield, MD
We’re thrilled to bring you the first installment of our 2017 STD Expert Hour Webinar Series! Our STD Expert Hour is a recurring webinar series that highlights current topics in the prevention and management of STD to further advance your practice. We’re excited to offer access to our network of STD Experts and hope you join us for valuable insights into delivering excellent sexual health care for your patients.
Our Transgender Health webinar is now archived and available for registration and viewing!
Sexual Healthcare for Transgender Patients
with Madeline Deutsch, MD, MPH
Dr. Madeline Deutsch will introduce us to sexual healthcare for transgender patients and cover the below learning objectives:
1. Describe current CDC recommendations for screening for STIs in transgender patients and recommendations for management of confirmed STIs, based on risk assessment and current anatomy and sexual behaviors.
2. Discuss issues impacting transgender sexual health, such as hormone use, history of gender affirming surgical procedures, and patterns of sexual behavior.
3. Describe a trauma-informed approach to care, including building trust, respectful rapport, and avoiding making any assumptions about presence or absence of specific anatomy, sexual orientation, or sexual practices.
Our webinar Syphilis 2016 is now archived and available for registration and viewing!
Syphilis 2016: Return of the Great Masquerader
with Sharon Adler, MD, MPH
Dr. Sharon Adler will introduce us to syphilis and cover the below learning objectives:
1. Describe current syphilis epidemiology within the United States.
2. Discuss screening recommendations for syphilis.
3. Describe clinical manifestations, diagnostic approach, staging and management of syphilis.