Sexual Health: An Adolescent Provider Toolkit
Provides comprehensive information on addressing adolescent sexual health and offers resources for primary care providers and school-based health centers to share with adolescents and parents.
The new module champions a paradigm shift from a deficit/risk based perspective to one that embraces adolescent sexuality as a positive and normative in this stage of development.
Topics and tools include:
- Healthy sexuality and healthy relationships
- Providing inclusive care to LGBT youth, and youth with disabilities
- Screening for sexual dysfunction
- Sex and technology
- Practice readiness tools
- Screening, assessment, and referral tools
- Resource sheets on various issues including menstrual suppression and male involvement.
- Health education handouts
- Online resources and hotlines